HVA Spirit of the Valley Awards and Recognition
Hardin Valley's band and indoor programs have become nationally recognized for the quality of the musicianship and visual performance. This goal of excellence in all we do has translated into numerous awards, stellar contest scores, and recognition throughout Knoxville, the South East, and nationally.
2023 Marching Band: "The Wonder of Infinity"
- 7th Place (70.1) - BOA Regional, Chattanooga TN
- TBD - Karns Marching Invitational, Knoxville TN
- TBD - Spirit of the Valley Invitational, HVA, Knoxville TN
- TBD - BOA Regional, Johnson City TN
2023 Indoor Winds: "Aquapella"
2023 Indoor Percussion: "In the Swamp"
2023 Varsity Guard: "Golden Hour"
2023 Junior Varsity Guard: "The Fountain at Sunrise"
2023 Prep Guard: "Fireflies"
2022 Marching Band: "Catching Fireflies"
- 8th Place - BOA Regional Contest (79.3), Jacksonville AL
- 1st Place - Heritage, TN
1st Place Class A, 1st Place Color Guard, 1st Place (tie) Percussion, 2nd Place Drum Major
- 1st Place/Overall Grand Champion (78.6) ETTPA Regional, Karns HS
1st Place Color Guard (79), 1st Place Percussion (82.5)
2022 Indoor Winds: "Dracularius"
2022 Indoor Percussion: "The Medium is the Message"
2022 Varsity Winter Guard: "Diggin' in the Dirt"
2022 Junior Varsity Winter Guard: "Get it Girl, You Go":
2021 Marching Band: "These Four Walls"
- Class sweep - Karns Invitational
- 12th Place (70.8) Finalist - BOA Regional Jacksonville FL
- Class sweep, Grand Champion A&B - Volunteer Classic
- 10th(74.25) Finalist - Johnson City BOA Regional
- 38th (81.35) - BOA Grand Nationals, Indianapolis IN
2020 Marching Band: "Blinding Lights"
2019 Marching Band: "Whom the Bell Tolls"
2018 Marching Band: "Broken"
- 1st Place, Class 6A - Karns Invitational
- 1st Place, Class 3A and Reserve Grand Champion - Western Carolina University Tournament of Champions
- 19th place in Class 3A and 57th overall - BOA Grand National Championships, Indianapolis IN
2017 Marching Band: "Wolfgang"
- Grand Champions Award, 1st in Band and Color Guard categories - Foothills Classic
2016 Marching Band: "Mad Love"
- Finalist and 6th Overall - Contest of Champions MTSU
- 1st Overall, Grand Champions Award - Alcoa
- 28th Podium Competition and 58th Overall - Bands of America Grand National Championships